Among all the above mentioned AMR types, AMR with PLC has proved itself in the best way. Currently this system is widely used all over the world.
Types of ASKUE
The main functions of Automated System for Electricity Monitoring and Registration (ASEMA or AMR) are:
- To collect data on energy flow at all levels of voltage within specified time intervals in control centers
- To process the obtained data so that to provide drawing up of reports on consumed and generated energy;
- To analyze and make forecast for energy consumption (generation);
- To perform an analysis of cost indices, and what’s the most important, to reveal efficiently the disbalances in power supply system.
At present more widely spread types of AMR are:
- AMR with radio communication. The electric meters have internal radio modems. They receive inquiry commands from the control centers/offices/. Then, the meters transfer all the data through allocated radio channels to the data collection and transmission devices (DCTD) which in their turn transfer the data collected through the allocated radio channels or GSM gateways to the control center/office/:
- AMR with PLC (Power Line Communication – with low-voltage network) The electric meters have internal PLC modems. All meters receive commands from the control center/office/ or transfer their data through the power transmission lines of 0.4kV. Control inquires or commands are made from the control centre through DCTD. These devices transfer accumulated data through the allocated communication channels or through GSM gates;
- AMR with specially allocated wire lines (along interfaces RS-485 or RS-232) A set of electric meters (up to 32 pieces) are connected with DCTD with their interfaces through allocated wire lines. Control inquiries or commands are made through DCTD. These devices transfer accumulated data through the allocated communication channels or through GSM gates;